Monday, 19 April 2010

APRIL 365 CALENDAR PAGES....AT LAST

OK this has just taken me 4 attempts to get these uploaded in the right order....I have really struggled with this month's pages as I was away for two weeks and was then playing catch up.... anyway, how I did them was like this... I started of with prepped pages and decided I would like a blue background so I swiped over some of Claudine Helmuth's Sky Blue with a babywipe... then I stamped and generally messed around with some flowers with paint for the bottom half...

I stamped the sun stamp that came with this month's Craft Stamper in yellow and orange, moving it round slightly for the second colour onto tissue paper which I then cut out and glued onto my page with Liquitex Matte Gel with the result that the tissue all but disappears... great technique which is explained more fully in the Craft Stamper magazine... I have used this before but with wax instead of glue.... I then added the date and a few more images in this way...

I had originally cut out all the days in circles using the Cricut but when I took them of the mat I realised I had a stencil filled with circles so I decided to see how it would work if I used a paint dabber and it worked a treat... I did spray the 'stencil' with some repositionable glue first so I didn't get any bleeding..... I just have to remember what I was doing for the last two and a bit weeks now...lol...xox