Tuesday 22 January 2013

ART JOURNAL...

Well I thought it was time to have another go at art journalling...it's something I've dabbled in over the last few years but never really gotten into as I could never get the hang of the layering but I am determined to have another go so with that in mind I stumbled across a YouTube video...but for the life of me I can't find it again...do you have any idea how many there are on that site;0)

 Started of with a layer of gesso and then painted the page with some water and then added the colour which is wiped down to soften it....added some white to soften a bit more...have to say it is actually a little brighter IRL...winter not good for indoor photography I suspect unless you have all the proper gear(or know how to use your camera to the best of its capabilities..lol.)
 
 Some torn music sheet added and a touch of yellow paint along with a lovely harlequin stamp...I really would like a much bigger one that I have...
 
 Cut out some hearts and stuck them on...
 
I like this last bit that I have done so far...using a charcoal Inktense pencil to highlight them and make them really pop...
 

I'm not finished yet as I am waiting for a(nother) new stencil/template to arrive along with some dimensional paint but so far I am really pleased with it and feel a bit more confident...I think a lot of it is all in the drying process and making sure each layer is dry before adding the next to avoid the muddy colours!!!
 
Hope it's not too snowy where you are...I'm just off to pick the kids and a couple of their friends up from school early as it hasn't stopped all day.
 
Thanks for looking!
Kirsti xx

10 comments:

  1. If I'm truly honest, I don't understand art journalling ... I love it, but I don't understand it. And that's what puts me off dabbling in it, although I'm really itching to give it a go, I just wouldn't have a clue where to start or what to do :) so ill continue to see what you do, and hey who knows, I may just give it a go this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely page, Kirsti. You've inspired me to try again

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it to work. Pages are looking great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to save the pics to Picassa Sonja...x

      Delete
  4. Love it Kirsti and I have the link for you to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfrhdVOLKr8. I've subscribed to this woman's channel as her work is lovely so I thought I'd seen something like this before!!
    I shall look forward to seeing more of your pages x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the start of your journal page.
    Vey cold here in Michigan, it was 5 below zero this morning!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab! Of course, I especially love it as it has music manuscript featured!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, I am a fan of Rach 0113's videos myself. I find Im too impatient to let the layers dry so have taken to working in two journals at a time so I have something to do while one is drying lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the hearts.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. My sister in law lives at Keith Hall. so much snow ! Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo