Sunday 19 December 2010

A LITTLE CYBER CHAT AND A CANVAS...

A couple of weeks ago Darcy asked me if I fancied joining in with her and a couple of friends for a little Cyber PJ Party....sounded like a great idea...so I thought while I was chatting I would make something as well and this tutorial popped into my inbox the other day from Scarlett Lime....I didn't follow the tutorial exactly, in fact I veered quite a bit off-course...Darcy's friend Rosie joined us and so did Sonja...Wine and chocolate mandatory...lol..we had a great chat about all sorts of stuff and had quite a few laughs as well...I had a great evening...thanks girls... I am really rubbish at remembering to take stage photos when I am making projects so this is the only one there is...for full instructions see the tutorial...I decided that I didn't want to do a Christmas Tree as I wanted to keep mine up all year round so I opted for a house theme...First of all I stuck down various papers with gel medium and then I used a couple of Tim Holtz masks(btw, does anyone know how to clean the back of these so they are sticky again...one of mine is all gunked up) and sprayed with Dylusions Sky Blue ink...I then used some white paint with my brayer and rolled it up from the bottom...I don't think the ink was quite dry tho as it smeared a little but I did like the effect this created...
Sorry that's where the stage photos stop...lol... I enlarged a couple of Dyan's Downloads house shapes and a few of the other little doodles that were round them..stuck them all on and then started adding rub-ons(I don't have many rub-ons that are not alphabets but I found these hearts and lines of squares which I thot were quite sweet...I also have a sheet of 'fuzzy' white ones which I think are fab...these were used on both of the roofs...
I printed out 'HOME IS THE PLACE TO BE..." using my dymo label maker...
I also stamped this little Glitz bird(from my Simply Create DT stash) onto tissue paper and adhered it so it goes of the from and down the sides of the canvas...I love this technique as it means you can 'stamp' anywhere...
I finished of with a line of glitter down the edges of the roofs but unfortunately you can't see this in the photo...I am very pleased with the end result and maybe I should drink a bottle of wine everytime I craft...lol..

13 comments:

  1. mmmm boozy scrapping, it could catch on ye know :)
    I think it's fab, so eclectic, go you!
    stay safe and warm Kirsti
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to both you and sonja for coming to hang out, will do it again soon...oh and dont forget we need to do a cyber xmas in the summer too lol

    Love the canvas, seriously you did an awesome job, looks very professional.

    what is a Hougie board?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at boozy scrapping. I just love this canvas. Mine is still a work in progress but looking better this morning with no wine involved. Cyber xmas in summer sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this canvas it's gorgeous, wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration. I bought a couple of blank canvases the other week so it was great to see this.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab canvas Kirsti -- Count me in on the boozy scrapping !!!
    cheers Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love it Kirsti, I would so like to come and play with you...and get all inky!!
    Home is defo the place to be with all this snow....have a cracking Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Kirsti! I love this. The colors, the patterns, the layers. It's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey this is cool. Has Dyan seen this?
    Hope you have a very merry Christmas and a happy and artful 2011 :-)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh GORGEOUS canvas Kirsti. Hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family & everyone is well. Sorry it's been a while since I called.. still suffering from vertigo :(
    Sending you lots of love & very Best Wishes for the New Year. Happy crafting. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wine and chocolate is a must when crafting with friends I say!! Love your canvas. I remember a video of Tim using his masks and am sure he told you how to get the stick back. If you can't find one I have some Tim mad friends who are bound to know so I can ask them. Happy New Year to you and yours
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are an amazing artist sweets!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo