Wednesday 9 May 2012

RUSTIQUES

Last Friday I went to Rustiques near Crathes Castle....what a gorgeous setting! I went to learn some paint techniques with Moira using Annie Sloan chalk paints and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it so if you are sitting on the fence about doing this course....GO FOR IT...
 

 This is the sconce we made using the peeled/cracked paint effect....I think I may keep this outside beside my table with a citronella candle on it...
 The second project we did was this photo frame which I have to say looks quite professional if I do say so myself...lots of lovely thick, gooey paint and some dark wax worked in...
The third and my favourite was this plaque...a base coat with a top coat then sanded and this gorgeous stencil on top...I am in love with this one and now have the painting bug....just which colours do I buy tho....I have my charity shop coffee table to do and my lovely freegled dresser...

And of course the shop is stocked to the rooftops with lots and lots and lots of gorgeous knick knacks and bits and pieces for your home....xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely - especially the bird stencil.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely finds and the upcycling is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm jealous of your class, and what gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you have been busy. Love to you all....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so want to pop through and do this course. Looks like you had a good day.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....so jealous.... would love to do that class x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo