Thursday 18 March 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA...

This is the card I made for Emma's birthday...copied from this months Simply Handmade...I covered the front of the card with a sheet from MME Wild Asparagus collection and then took a piece of cream card and spritzed it with Butterscotch Alcohol Ink (mixed with water) and then Gold Perfect Pearls (mixed with water) then stamped the flourishes using SU Old Olive - I had originally done this the other way round, stamped then spritzed but the flourishes blurred-oops!!! I stitched this piece onto the card using a zig-zag stitch and proceeded to snap one of the needles and then the thread kept breaking but I don't think the stitching was that bad considering (Emma just don't look too closely at the back). I made a couple of popsicle flowers and attached these using brads, added some green ribbon with a little tag attached, dotted some diamontes around for a bit of sparkle and voila...there you have it!!! I hope she liked it....

This is one I made a while ago (again inspired from a Simply book)... I think the patterned paper is K&Co, I made the heart using the Cricut and then embossed with the Sizzix...used an SU punch on the edge of the notepaper(for my friend), the flower is one I got from Au Natural and the rub-on I bought last year from Dyan's shop at Scrap Attack...I really like these and didn't realise til I rubbed it on that it was a 'fuzzy' rub-on... (sorry can't remember who makes them as I keep losing the packet). I sent this one to my friend Di, just because... x

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kirsti I'm sure Emma will love hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Kirsti, I love the first one particularly, the flowers are delish. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards.I love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes those flowers on the first card are delish!
    Love the colours too x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get my card done before you go on holiday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Kirsty I especially like the first one and just lurve the flowers gorgeous.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful - both of them. That olive ink on the first card is a gorgeous colour... and matches the ribbon so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both lovely cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these, the flowers Are fabby
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two wonderful cards Kirsti. My favourite is the top card I'm a sucker for that olive coloured ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such beautiful beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The popsicle flowers are soo cute, cant wait to try some out myself :-)
    Beautiful cards..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, Kristi. I especially love the flowers. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to comment.
    Hugs,
    Colleen, aka kroppykat

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo