Thursday 31 December 2009

SOUL JOURNAL....

At long last - another journal page, have been so busy the last couple of months that this kinda fell by the wayside but after doing the calendar pages I am fired up with new enthusiasm for it... Watch this space...

This is my Soul Armour and I am following some daily prompts that I printed out a while back from Caspiana aka Sarah Whitemire.... I am also going to try out some techniques from the wonderful Teesha Moore and of course all this came about after attending the Art Journal Workshop at Scrap Attack 09 with the brilliant Dyan from Art From The Heart.

The one thing I do keep forgetting to do though is photograph the stages and this one was pretty far on before I remembered..... I used the Tim Holtz method of rubbing two different coloured distress ink pads on the heat mat and spritzing with water, then laying your page over to transfer the colour..... one of my favourites so far...

I then found the great suit of armour on a website highlighted by Sarah in her prompts pages.... added a flourish up the side using a Stamping Up roller stamp and ink and some stickles to highlight the dots and flowers on it.....

And that's about it apart from adding a couple of words which I am definitely going to try harder at this year....lol...

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all the pages you come up with! I love the bright vivid colours of this one and that suit of armour looks amazing!

    Haave a good one tonight. I think I will be in bed. I like to be refreshed and ready to go on the 1st!.....all the best for 2010! Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Knight in shinning armour....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used the same armour as me..... Great minds if I say so myself lol

    Have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is great. I'm still on basic techniques!!
    Happy New Year :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving it, get going your crafty demon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! You're going to love the prompts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo