Friday 18 June 2010

BUSY BUT NOT A LOT TO SHOW...

It's been really busy since I last posted nearly two weeks ago...On the local Monday holiday we took a trip into town for a mooch about and I managed to get these little beauties in John Lewis...I picked up the hearts and took them to the till but they had no bar code on them so she looked on her computer and couldn't find them so charged me for the cheapest East of India product that they stocked which was only 2 pounds - Bargain!!!


On the Thursday I went to the first of 3 Jamie Oliver parties that I had been invited to in one week at my friend Kerry's...The second on the Friday night with Susan was cancelled and the third was on Wednesday this week at Tara's... At both parties I bought the new spice jar rack and some more of the tiny kilner jars and I have started sorting my buttons out by colour and filling the jars I already had... I will post a piccie next week when they are all filled up and looking beautiful and colour co-ordinated...lol....


Saturday saw the girls heading of to Scone Palace in Perthshire for the day with Brownies, Morgan had a judo training day at the Sports Centre and Niamh had a birthday party but before that we (Niamh and I) headed over to Simply Create to see Kath in action on her demo day and boy was she busy - she did some great demos and she is doing a class this Saturday which you could sign up for on the day so I put mine and Sonja's name down....


Sunday was dance rehearsals on and of all day for the girls and Morgan had yet another football tournament which his team won...yayy...just a pity about the weather tho...
Then it was Monday again and I was of to Judy's class at Simply create and these are the cards we made and although they are Judy's designs I did the colouring all by myself and I was very proud of my efforts for a first time!!! Will definitely be trying this again....was much better at it than I thought I would be and Judy is such a fabulous teacher...so thank you Judy for a wonderful class!!!

It was sports day the following day having been cancelled the previous week due to horrendous rain but my camera battery ran out after 2 very bad shots and I need to ask my brother-in-law to email me the ones he took...


Wednesday the P1 and P6 classes did an assembly at school for the nursery children moving up after the summer break... It was very good and Morgan is going to be one of the 'big' ones now...I still can't believe my baby has only one more year of primary and is then of to the Academy and my little baby is of to school this year - it will be the first time in 11 and a half years that I won't have anyone at home - how weird will that be!!!


So that's it for the last two weeks and the next two weeks before school finishes promises to be just as busy with more dance show rehearsals and football tournaments and school trips to come....x

7 comments:

  1. Oh my lord you have been so busy. Those cards are just so pretty, I love the colours. We still have 5 weeks of school here, but I guess this is a good thing, cos it means 5 more weeks until our camping trip - my body is NOT beach ready, I am starting jogging on Monday, when Henrietta returns to school. Wish me luck, I get a stitch walking to the kitchen and back.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I need to take a breath now..had forgotten how school, dancing lessons, sports days and the like take over your life. Loved it once, but thankful I am retired now...though I still have no time...something wrong there!
    Love your cards. It's great to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are busy! Your cards look so good - doesn't Judy make it look so easy though that we get confidence to give it a go!!! Enjoy tomorrow - how I wish I could join you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey those cards are gorgeous, the layering is so detailed and your colouring is perfect. I am glad you love the pencils. There is a guy on ebay that sells 72 prismas for around £30...they are slight seconds I think as some of the name/colour code printing is missing, but apart from that they are perfect. I know they are ok as I have them lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. here you go...

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140417052800

    ReplyDelete
  6. How busy have you been? Looking forwards to catching up in Alford tommorrow. Love East of India things too got a billy bargain there!
    Love Judy's class too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hearts are fabby and told you you would be a colouring queen lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo