Thursday 24 June 2010

JUST A QUICK ONE....

Today I suddenly realised that I hadn't even thought about end of year teacher gifts and cards so at lunchtime I rustled up 9 of these using stamps from my last two Unity KOTM....I love those little owls and after using all those buttons at Kath's class over at Simply Create on Saturday I had a wee bit of string left so Kath you will be pleased to know that I threaded all the buttons!!! I am really loving kraft cardstock at the moment too..I just love the feel of it... I also used Judy's wee tip of using Distress Crackle Paint to edge the coloured part...originally I had distressed the edges but it didn't look quite right and then I remembered using the paint at Judy's class last week and it worked a treat....


Presentwise I am not sure...but I think I will have a rummage through the stock I have left over from Christmas and see what is suitable, failing that it will have to be a box of chocs as I really don't have time to do anything else as next week is going to be super busy with the dance show - I don't know who is more excited, me or the girls!!!...xxx

11 comments:

  1. I lurveeeeeecards they are great. Must get a move on and do something then with my teacher stuff or it will be wine or choccies again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Kirsti - handmade cards are special so I'm sure yours childrens' teacher's will appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. I normally buy East Of India stuff for the teachers, they do a really lovely range, bookmarks, candles etc. Love the cards.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Don't fancy doing some for me?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really cute, I love them! Why don't I have kids?? Think anyone will loan me one ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards!!! I'm sure they will be well received! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! Love the image. They'll be treasured I'm sure.

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Kirsti, love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh you are well organised. We don't finish till 23rd July so I've still got 3 1/2 weeks left to panic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi kirsti..had a lovely visit with jacqui and anne...they are just the nicest girls and hey lucky teachers getting these gorgeous cards...and well done on threading the buttons..not my most favourite job but I think they look naked without....have a great weekend..big hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo