Friday, 2 July 2010

JUNE CALENDAR PAGES...

Sorry bit of a photo overload since I haven't posted for ages!!! These are my calendar pages for June...I only did them at the beginning of the week as the ones I did for this month I wasn't sure about so I thought I would keep them for July!!!
I am trying to keep with the theme of trying a new background technique every month so this month it's masking....I stamped and embossed in red, green and yellow lots of different flowers and then I put the Tim Holtz flourish mask on the page and inked it all up...I must say I think I am definitely improving in the inking stakes....(sorry think the photos are a wee bit dark as I have used the time machine feature from Paint Shop on them)... For the days of the month I used the same technique on a sheet of card and then put it through the Cricut and cut tiny tags so each one had a little piece of masking and then I edged with distress ink!!!

The stamp is a Tim Holtz one and I picked out the 'big' words in red...this was a bit of trial and error so thank goodness I practiced first....
The butterflies and flowers are Stampin Up chipboard pieces which I inked and embossed in various colours - I particularly liked the green verdigris ones..they turned out beautifully!!!