Sunday, 18 July 2010

3D JEAN ALTERED BAG...

Last week while reading the Scattered Scarlett blog I spotted these gorgeous bags and knew immediately that I would like to make one for myself so I hotfooted it over to 3D Jean to get me a kit and here is my finished bag.... It's gorgeous....I think I would have liked the coloured background to be a little brighter... I experimented on some scrap fabric first and thought I had the balance right but I think with all the handling it has faded a little so next time I will do it a little brighter than I would like...
I won't give away any of the technique secrets but if you want a bag as beautiful as this one get yourself over to 3D Jean and order your kit....

I had this little 'help me' ArtGirlz charm for ages and I thought it would look cute in the birds beak....lol

For my bird I used a scrap piece of denim stamped and it with the fab script stamp that I treated myself to on Friday for my birthday from Simply Create....I love how you can use up your scraps for this project and I will definitely be doing more using these techniques in the future!!!!
I think I will look tres chic in Paris next week with this on my arm....what do you think???