Monday 12 July 2010

MAD HATTER'S TEA PARTY....

Just a small post from the party at the weekend...have far too many photos (294 to be exact and that's not including the ones I took) to decide which ones to use so I decided (since Allan is away and he wanted to see some) to use just a few of Niamh enjoying herself.... Niamh is wearing the same outfit that she wore on her 2nd birthday (which was a present from her Aunty Audrey), 3rd birthday and refused to wear on her 4th birthday....lol...

The magician's assistant - not happy at having to wear this 'magic' hat....if you had only seen the look on her face....

Only a 'small' birthday muffin as I ran out of time to make a cake so what seems to be becoming the traditional birthday custom in this house I went to Costco and got their giant cupcakes!!!! The rest were all wrapped up for the party bags.....

I can honestly say that I don't know why I went to all the time and effort to make all the themed stuff as its totally wasted on kids....from the sandwiches on beautiful vintage cake stands to the lovely handmade pom poms in the conservatory...never mind I enjoyed doing it and at least Niamh appreciated it....Roll on the next birthday!!!!


If I have time later in the week I will post some more photos....

11 comments:

  1. DD looks like she had a whale of a time. And that's what counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Kirsti! That first photo of Niamh is classic - she looks like she's having a blast!
    And do you know - you might think it's been a waste making all the themed goodies but in years to come when YOUR kids look back at these photo's, they'll see how much attention to detail you made and love you all the more! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsti been thinking of you all over the weekend. Looks like the party was a great success all down to their FABBY Mum. Rest time now hunni & plenty more photos please. :)
    No way was your time wasted hun.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it all went well! I do think you are mad doing all that work..but as Sanra said they will look back and appreciate all that their Mum did for them!

    And Niamh looks like she is having a wonderful party!

    Relax and breathe now it is all over!
    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fab and Niamh loved it so that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niamh really looks happy!!Glad it all went so well

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh Kirsti, at least you enjoyed making Niamhs birthday a big event even if the littlies didn't notice. You will just have to have an adult party to get the use out of it and show off your handmade goodies. Looking forward to seeing what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like alot of fun, but I know what you mean about the themed stuff, it really is wasted on the kids - hey ho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, no I don't think it's wasted on the kids at all! They tuck all this stuff away in the back of their minds and some day sh'll turn round and say "Do you remember my amazing party?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous photos kirsti and hey what a great birthday party....lots of fun had by all by the looks of it.....big hugs karh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet! I've hopped my way here from Siri's blog...I couldn't resist the Mad Hatter profile pic you're using. :> Would you believe I *just* finally saw Alice this last weekend??!! Wonderful!!!!

    I love creating details for kidlet parties, whether or not they notice. It makes me smile and like your daughter, my kidlets do notice and get even more excited!

    Have a wonderful week! :>:>

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo