Thursday 7 October 2010

DT PROJECTS AND CHICKEN PIE...

Bet you thought I had forgotten all about these?!?...well not exactly..don't know what the matter is with me just now - just not been in the mood for crafting at all the last couple of weeks (did get some more stuff done for the table on Saturday but that's been about it!)... These are the bits I have done so far and I am in the middle of another project and have something in mind for the left overs...I have to say I struggled with this snowman stamp as he is just too cute and I don't really do cute but he looks kinda nice all grunged up!!!

It is also so long since I have really done any cards that I just thought simple would be better...

I printed of a 5"x5"ish photo which I altered with the time machine feature in my photo editing, I then distressed it er....slightly, well I couldn't not...lol...wrapped some twin around it and added a button. I cut a piece of the Merry Christmas paper from Echo Park and then er.....distressed the edges with my wee sharp Timmie tool and a Stampin Up border punch...
I used a cranberry paint dabber to er...distress the edges of the kraft cardstock and added the patterned paper and photo....Cut out the @ using the Cricut and it's actually had about 5 different effects on it and guess what? I ended up back at the original...always the way isn't it... For the Christmas Time I cut this out using the Cricut but had a brainwave before using the cut out letters and decided to use it as a stencil instead with a lettuce paint dabber...I like this very much, finished of with some bobble ribbon and buttons with twine (Kath's influence at work there). Will try and get the rest finished by this weekend and will also try to keep up in future!!! But in the meantime why not pop over to Simply Create and see what the rest of my teamies have been up to (much more productive than me!!) or better still why not pop over to Alford and take a look IRL....

Mmmmh Jamie Oliver Chicken Pie was definitely much better tasting than his Wonky Summer Pasta which was a disaster but to be fair I was trying to sort something important out on the phone at the same time as cooking...not a good idea!!!

12 comments:

  1. all looking great, including the pie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks good even to me and I'm a vegetarian!! Fab Christmas cards, love your distressing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning projects ... I love what you've done. And oohhh that pie - I'm free if you want someone to taste test for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm pie looks good is there any left for tomorrow. I love the cards as well, hint hint christmas is coming lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning DT project kirsti and your snowman is gorgeous all grunged up.....and I do like the look of that yummy chicken pie....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your Christmas Cards Kirsti

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOooooh chicken pie! My fav!! Great cards. Love the paint dabber..BRILLIANT!
    Not sure why uploading photo's as changed.. I've been uploading for Totally Gorjuss the last 3 wks & that's on one of the 'old' templates & it's changed to the new uploading system on there.. so Beware!! lol.. school hols again? Sending you BIG (hugs) hun.. have a lovely day. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see more great projects from you Kirsti ---- was there any of Kath's influence on the steak pie :- altered pastry rolled on a craft mat ?????
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards Kirsti, doesn't look like you've lost your mojo to me...love your 'grunged up' snowman! That chicken pie looks absolutely yummy, I'm almost drooling x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards - and that pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards, the pie also looks very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo