Sunday 3 July 2011

A LAYOUT FROM ME....

After seeing all Sonja's LOs lately she has put me to shame as I wouldn't actually like to say when the last time was that I completed a LO...we have also made a stash busting/finish online classes and UFOs pact so hopefully this will be the first of many and if I write it down for all to see it will have to be won't it...lol...

This is a LO out using the last Simply Create Design Team Kit which is sadly the last one...I have enjoyed my time on the DT and keeping the blog up to date so thank you Jacqui...


This is a pic that was in a post a couple of weeks ago when we went geocaching for the first time...


I started of with the plain cardstock which I sprayed with various inks..some places better than others...and oops I have just remembered that I used a sketch that Sonja had used earlier in the week which can be found below...




I cut out one of the big daisy like flowers from the pattern papers(Glitz Afternoon Muse Floral) and cut down into the petals and inked with Vintage Photo distress ink then added some glossy accents to the centre and filled with seed beads...


Family Fun is done with some chipboard letters painted with hazelnut paint dabber and coated with crackle accent and fun (from the Lost & Found Union Square Perfect stamps) is stamped in Timber Brown stazon...


Before inking I laid out the ribbon creating a mask and then used the 2 ribbons to tie the buttons and cut out a couple of leaves from the floral paper.



Found this giant tag in my stash box(along with 4 more) so I decided to do a little hidden journaling and finished it of with the last of the ribbons...

TFL

Kirsti xx

6 comments:

  1. Very nice LO Mrs Cook. I love the use of the inks, must try that next time. See pact is working lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsti, I just wanted to drop by after seeing your comment on Claire's Month in Numbers post.

    While it's not a 'challenge' as such, I do a Month in Numbers post every month and always extend the offer to everyone to join in. You're welcome to play along this month - there's more details here:
    http://notesonpaper.blogspot.com/p/months-in-numbers.html

    Judging by those book listsof yours 'Number of pages read' would be an ideal focus for your own take on My Month in Numbers!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you scrapping again. Like you I've hit a bit of a lull and there really isn't any excuse for it except I can't be bothered. Shimelle's sketches at least mean that now I do one LO a week. Do they still have the crops in Aberdeen? I can't remember the last time I went and I don't do Facebook or UKS to keep up with what's going on. I'm so not with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kirsti ~ What a great layout! I too have been much more interested in creating layouts again - after not making a layout in forever! My hobbies kind of come and go, but scrapbooking always finds a way to come back around.

    Love all your great little details on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sketch and great LO Kirsti.
    I haven't done one for simply ages, hope all is well with you.
    Hugs, Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!! I love the effect.
    I LOVE getting messy with paints and sprays :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo