Wednesday 31 August 2011

AUGUST MONTH IN NUMBERS...



Well I can't believe it's the end of another month and already time to add my August Month in Numbers...If you don't know what I am on about pop over and see Julie's blog Notes on Paper to find out what it's all about....


So anyways here we go....


10plus.....days of rain this month up here in the NE of Scotland....I actually stopped counting after 10 because it was too depressing...the last couple of weeks of the kids holidays was awful...they were so bored!!!...never mind it was back to school 2 1/2 weeks ago and typical there first week back was actually quite nice (for me anyways!!)





8....is the number of books I have read this month...I am trying to beat last year's total of 52 and I am well on my way as I am at 48 already and it's only the end of August...I have resorted to buying them from Thainstone Sunday Market at the 2nd had book man as I was spending waaay too much money on them and as you know I do like to keep my books.


4...is the number of new school bags I had to buy for the start of this term and what with the 3 new lunchboxes for the girls that is another fortune...I did end up buying Morgan one too for his football for away games as apparently it's not cool to bring a pack lunch to the Academy...lol..


14-3(1) and 5-2(2)......the winning scores from Morgan's last two football matches...1st game of the season at home to Inverness Caly Thistle and he let in 1...2nd game was away against Raith Rovers and he let in both...always feel better when their other goalie lets in the same or more than him as then it's not just his fault especially if the lose...haha...


27.83...number of miles I have walked this month...mostly since the kids went back on the 18th...new keep fit push...determined to be a little fitter and lose some weight....we have also cycled 9.58 miles to Chapel of Garioch but there was an ulterior motive...a friend has opened up a team room called the Old Post Office Tea Room so coffee and cake was waiting for us at the other end of very hilly bike ride...the tea room is beautiful...still retaining loads of the original features of the post office it once was...will definitely be back again very soon...

2...how many geocaches we have found this month...when the kids' cousins came up to visit this month we all went trecking up to Bennachie treasure hunting....it was great fun and I think Megan and Jack enjoyed it...Bennachie has some stunning views over the countryside but it sure is a long treck to the top...and is very windy once you get there...

Well I think that is my post for this month regarding numbers...wonder what September will bring....

Kirsti xxx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely insight into your world! That's a super picture, that last one ... :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just participated for the first time to My Month in Numbers! It is so fun to read other's! 8 books is a lot (I read 1!) and I would LOVE to bike up to the Old Post Office Tea Room because it sounds like a great idea and a lovely place!!! (would love to see photos of that!) :D
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 BOOKS - my god how fast do you read. I read about 4 a year (if Im lucky).

    Dont get me started on the school lunch box thing, its a bloody rip off, but they always need a new one at the beginning of each term year, as their last ones are always disgusting.

    Mine back to school on Monday, must sort out all the uniforms today, as we are off to oxford for the weekend and wont be returning until last on Sunday. Charlie really looking forward to going back to school (he's only 6, he will learn in time!). Henrietta not fussed either way. Henrietta will be learning to play the violin this term. Charlie starts Beavers, he is so excited.

    Love to you all. Speak soon - get reading, you must beat your target.

    With much love.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along! You sound like you've had a really outdoorsy month - in spite of all that rain!

    I'm as impressed as everyone else about your reading statistics! If it had rained even more, would you have read even more?

    That tea room looks worth the effort too.

    Happy September to you. Thanks again.

    Julie

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo