Tuesday 9 August 2011

JULY - MONTH IN MUMBERS...

After seeing Julie Kirk's project 'my month in numbers' last month I thought I would give it a go starting from July...

I have made mine into a scrapbook page using an old Kenner Road kit that I won waaaaay back when...lol...so this is also part of my stash busting drive too...

So I started of with the number FOUR...this being the number of books I have read this month(quite a slow one!) which is equal in this case to the total of ((1799)) pages... I have added myself to the Goodreads website and it's quite fun updating all the books I am reading or have currently read...Last year was a total of ((52)) books and so far this year I am on number ((43)) which I am very chuffed with....the problem I have is that I can NEVER give books away and if I lend them I have to GET THEM BACK with the result being that I have literary hundreds of books...


The papers/stickers/borders are from the Bliss collection by Crate Paper and in true Scottish fashion I have even cut out the middle of the back sheet before sticking the scalloped one on top...no sense in waste...lol...


The word NUMBERS is American Crafts Thickers 'Jewelry Box' and the tiny letter stickers are by the girls paperie by Margie 'Vintage Whimsy'...I also added loads of diamantes down this side for some added sparkle...

My second number is FOUR THOUSAND (at least) and is the number of times this month with us Scottish folk being on summer holidays that I have gone into either the conservatory or the living room and switched the tv of because no-one is in the room...kids huh!!!


My third number is THREE SQUILLION(about) and is about the sheer number of jelly fish that were stranded on the sand at Lossiemouth beach each time the tide went out...there were thousands of them and it made the kids a little wary of going barefoot...there was also an article in the paper that week(this isn't the actual article) about jelly fish and chips being on the menu...couldn't think of anything worse...yukkkkk



I added diamantes round all the labels as well...the stamped birdie and the felt flower embellishments are by Stampin Up... and I used some border stickers from the kit and folded it up and then sewed up and down then a couple of times to create a pleated effect....


So that's me for this month and hopefully I will have some more NUMBERS for you next month....


TFL...Kirsti xxx

4 comments:

  1. Great layout, I did laugh on the number of times you turned of the tv lol. Looking forward to next months

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsti. Thanks for picking up the idea and joining in! I've featured 'number of book pages' many times while I've been blogging my Month in Numbers - it's really satisfying when you add it all up isn't it? Sometimes I start a draft post ahead of time and drop my numbers in there when I remember. It can help keep me on track - if that's any help to you!

    Thanks again.

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that paper arriving yeah for finally breaking it out lol. Fab LO. What's next? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsti, great LO and you are one up on me only 3 books this month but then I was busy doing other things!!! Thanks for the lovely comment, happy crafting,
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo