Thursday 18 August 2011

MY FIRST EASEL CARD...

The other day I was flicking through the July issue of Craft Stamper looking for inspiration for a 40th birthday card for my next door neighbour Clare for her sister...Kate had done a card using the free stamp and it was an easel card...I have never made one of these before so I thought I would have a go...

I didn't make the base card the same way Kate did but from a tutorial found here and simple though it was I still managed to cock it up by putting the front on the wrong way round...back to the beginning..was easy once I looked again...

I used papers from a 6"x6" stack called Madeline by Prima Marketing...they are gorgeous papers...I stitched round the flowery piece in the middle before sticking it down so the stitching wouldn't be seen on the back...


The ribbon on the top is from Simply Create from my stash and the ribbon on the bottom is also from there and just bought on Tuesday....was searching through all my vast collection of ribbon looking for the perfect piece....you know the feeling right when you have the right colour but not the right type of ribbon or the right ribbon but not the colour you need...AAARGHHH...spent ages looking and then remembered the piece I bought that day and it's just perfect... I also added a diamante to the centre of each flower...

I added the little matt with the pearls to hold the card upright...and the 'Celebrate' was a stamp that I also bought on Tuesday in the Simply Create sale...


The chandelier(free stamp) is stamped onto the corner from one of the sheets in Timber Brown Stazon and it matches in perfect with the patterned paper...I matted it in dark brown and added a diamante...


Overall I was very pleased with the way it had turned out for a first attempt and fortunately so was Clare...I will definitely be doing some more of these in the future...

As I said on Tuesday I went over to Simply Create for a mooch around the sale with Kerry and Trish...bad influence...I had planned to wash the floors but they were going over and in the end we had coffee and scones at the Bistro, a rummage round the sale(if you fancy any of the canvas classes I am doing in the shop please phone the shop soon on 01975 564010 to book you place as I think they are filling up (excited.com and also verynervous.com!!!), we then went to the charity shop which was actually closed but the volunteers let us have a nose around...then it was back to Inverurie and of to Andersons for lunch...a totally indulgent day but then it was the first day of the new school term so I think it's allowed...lol...


I didn't buy much as I am still on my stash busting mission...but check out this glorious 100 buttons that I did buy...Lush or what??? The colours are so beautiful and vintage looking...There was a time when I used to go into raptures over new shoes and boots and now its buttons...heehee...



Will be back (hopefully) tomorrow (or maybe even later today) with some piccies of the kids first day back at school and Morgan's first day at the Academy!!!


TFL

Kirsti xxx

5 comments:

  1. Very restrained lol. Lovley card missus. Clare's sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card.

    Love your buttons.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny I was flicking through old copies of he magazine myself the other day and thought I'd like to give making one of those cards too. Really think yours looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Kirsti and love your lace and buttons. Happy crafting!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo