Saturday 17 September 2011

A BIT OF A BLOG HOP....

So I don't know if you remember a while back I posted a link to Kirsty from Curiouser and Curiouser...basically she made these little embellishments which she sent out to everyone who posted a reply on her blog and I was one of them....I have never taken part in a blog hop before so lets hope it works ok...



I decided to use mine as an embellishment on one of my wee hoosies as I had had a slight malfunction with my Cricut, the mat wasn't sticky enough so the chipboard moved and ended up cutting the house shape a little shorter than normal...


I really love the embellishment, it's so sweet and dainty...and I really love making these houses...they always sell really well as I think people like how each one is different...



I was using the Dymo machine to do the 'sweet home' part but it's quite hard to get black tape without getting red and blue with it making it quite expensive so I had a bit of experimentation with some printing it out on card stock and some Ranger Crackle Accents which worked a treat...

So I am hoping that if all this has worked you should have come to me from Katy and I should be sending you on to Kate....I am out all day at a fair over in Finzean today so if you are in the area pop along and support the school while they try to raise find for new play equipment....and thanks for visiting on your way thru the blog hop....


This weekend it is my good friend Sonja's birthday(I won't tell which one...lol...) and I thought I would make her something...well that did not exactly go to plan as I was going to decorate a paper mache letter 'S' but after a couple of disastrous attempts I gave up and ended up doing this box which has been sitting on my desk filled with buttons since I won it in some blog candy from the Artful Splodger a while back...


This didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it to either as I was just going to stamp the whole box but of course the first stamp I used didn't work properly (one of the words was slightly indented so missed half of it out) so it was onto plan b... The box is coated with Distress Stains and then I stamped the Stampin Up Hydrangea onto the lid using Stazon and added a couple of pearl brads with the legs removed(hope they stay stuck!)...



I cut some paper from a brilliant Lost and Found pad that I bought the other week(bargain@!) and used it to cover the outside using ModPodge to seal...



and did the inside with more distress stain and put in some of my vintage style buttons that I got over at Simply Create and a stamp that I had a pair of....





This is the bottom...





and this is her card....






I did take some piccies of her blowing out the candles on the cake I had made at the Old Post Office Tea Room in Chapel of Garioch (thank you Christine - it was divine) and anyone local who hasn't been up yet I would thoroughly recommend it...anyway my camera is being a funny thing at the mo and keeps losing photos...would so like a digital SLR but I think I will have to save really hard for one of those...






So that's me for today - I do hope you will join in with the blog hop and I hope it works as it should do....



TFL



Kirsti



xxx

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects!!! They are all lovely, but my favourite is the little house....thanks for the Dymo replacement tip!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, your little houses are so cute. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little house is very sweet......good luck at the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little house - I'm always drawn to projects with houses on! I can relate to that cutting accident, I had a nasty incident like that myself yesterday..

    Hope you have a great day out today

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little house is so cute! The embellishment looks really great on it, and I love the crackly heart. The gift and card for your friend are really pretty too! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment - I managed to sort it - so am now up and running. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the embellishment...that little house is great!( I have 'accidents' with my Silhouette machine, for exactly the same reason) Love the altered box too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your projects, and great crackle glazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house project is adorable!!! Love the way you did the "Sweet home" sentiment"! It's fun to read about your experimentations too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hun, thanks for your concerns re: Charlie - I feel so helpless, he's being so brave - it just makes you want to burst into tears, which I nearly did in the hospital yesterday.

    Anyways, back to your blog, loving the little box - its sooooo cute.
    You look like you have been really busy.
    Ive tried to leave comments but blogger has not been letting me since I changed my email - very strange. Im hoping it has settled down now and I can leave loads of comments.
    Love to you all, have a great weekend......x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not seen your little houses before, and this one is very sweet - that embellie is a great addition. Can't believe how productive and creative you are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely way to use your embellie, loving your house.....

    .....and the gorgeous boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely collection of projects. Love that little house, so sweet, and a great use of the embellishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. In agreement - the house is lovely! I really like all the little touches and it's such a unique project. Brilliant idea! Thanks so much for taking part :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how cute! I love the house, it's adorable. And the embellishment works perfectly. So nice to have 'met' you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the fab gifts and yummy cake it was ace you're a great friend. I love the hoosie that embellie really suits it. See ya Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your wee hoose. That embellishment is perfect for it. I was so impressed by Kirsty's little masterpieces I decided to have a bash at making my own. It took me all afternoon yesterday but I managed to make 8!! I don't know why I didn't think of making them before. Duh!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your way to talented, you know that don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all your gorgeous projects, the box look great hun i love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo