Friday 12 October 2012

12 TAGS OF 2012...

Last week I managed not one but two tags for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 for swapping with Sonja...
 This first one is the September one using metal...this is sheetmetal I found while transferring rooms..not sure it worked as well as the stuff he used but hey it was free...
This is how it turned out with the application of alcohol inks... After this step Tim buffed with steel wool but not having any I just left it as it was and I have to say I really like how it turned out...
 The typewriter stamp is from Unity borrowed from Sonja and also not having many metal embellishments I have had to improvise but that's what it's all about right? The numbers came from my Scarlet Lime mixed media kit and the letters and other bits and pieces from my stash...


This is the second one I did and this is July 2012...The principles used are the same but different stamps and embellishments(forgot to take progress pics fro this one...oops! Will try harder next time!!)
 
So that's me for now...I will be working on some birthday invitations for Libby and her friend Isabelle's skating party next month and I have an order for 5 skull and crossbones name plaques and I am also working on a mixed media canvas...
 
Take care and have a great October hols(that's our last day of school for two weeks now)

3 comments:

  1. They are in better in real life and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Congrats, Kirsti, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at this tag thinking I want to try that technique too. It looks fabulous Kirsti, great metal effect. Can't wait to play now.
    Hope all is well with you, happy crafting, hugs
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo