Friday 19 October 2012

FINISHED PROJECTS...

 At last a couple of finished projects from my studio...Love the canvas...started by covering with vintage music pages then used an old credit card to spread the blue paint and then added some white to the mix but I decided it was a little dark so added a paler blue...

I then punched (Stampin Up punch) some paper scraps to make bunting and used some words I cut from magazines and some more words stamped on the same scrap I used for the bunting...
  
The LOVE and the wee birdie are Tim Holtz and stamped on tissue paper then mod podged down...so much easier than stamping straight onto the canvas as you always end up losing some of the image....and that's it finished...
 

Invitations are finished ready for the girls to take back to school...the dancer is by Lyndsay Mason Design and perfect for the girls...I have tried some masking and ghosting using Dylusion Inks and That Special Touch Of masks with mixed results but I like how they have turned out...
 
The paper mache torso has some trim and wings added to it but is not finished just yet...

9 comments:

  1. It looks great and the bird is fab. You're on a roll now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunting on the canvas and those tag/invites are so cute!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Kirsty I've got some tag catching up to do!
    LOL.
    Loving your canvas, stunning work my lovely and those invites are great. I'm sure the kids will all love them.
    Big hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been enjoying going through some of your posts and they are delightful. I feel that I have found a kindred spirit. Your paper crafts are lovely and heartwarming.
    I found you through mutual followers and I hope that you will become a mutual follower, too.
    Your new blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your canvas is stunning Kirsti and I love the invitations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ the canvas and thanks for the info on stamping onto tissue paper first. Great tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!

    Hope to see you back blogging soon :)

    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabby canvas & tags Kirsti. It sounds very busy for you atm! Hope your daughter had a lovely birthday. Hugs, Gez xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo