Tuesday 30 November 2010

NOVEMBER 365 (and on time too!!)...

This must be some kind of record on my part...lol...finished this month on time... I think there is about 5 layers of paint on here in my quest for the perfect colour of icy blue...wasn't happy with it but in the end but after scraping on some white paint with an old credit card it looked better...I then had the idea that I wanted to do sequin waste squares for my days but after cutting out a stencil from the Cricut and overlapping it with the sequin waste and daubing all over with my splodging tool and some distress ink this didn't pan out the way I had hoped so instead I cut out squares from a huge sheet of white tissue using my paper cutter (very slow and tedious) and glued them on instead and then I 'stitched' round them with a black pen...you can just still see the inked dots thru the tissue paper...
I added lost of swirls round the edge with Versamark at the top of both pages and embossed them with Kaleidoscope embossing powder but this didn't show up too well with the Versamark..
I used a Tim Holtz stamp on the inside edges and embossed in white and I also stamped and embossed various snowflakes in the same way...
November is stamped using black Stazon and the same kaleidoscope embossing powder and this shows up much more sparkly than with the versamark...I think I may need to get a re-inker for my stazon tho as the powder didn't sick very well to some parts...I borrowed these stamps from Sonja who got them when she visited NYC recently (lucky moo!!!) and I just love them..have been on ebay hoping to get myself some but to no avail...will have to keep looking...
This is a better view of the versamark/kaleidoscope stamping and embossing....as you can see from my squares the children have been very busy this month and I have been very busy running them around...lol...that's November finished then..have started prepping December pages and the question is will I finish them in time for tomorrow...Can't believe there is only one month left of this wonderful year long challenge by Kate over at The Kathryn Wheel...wonder who will carry it on into next year???

5 comments:

  1. That was sneaky finishing on time. I like the kaldeidoscope powder. How's December? I have finished as well lol and I'll blog it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this just looks so fab Kirsti and a great way to look back on a year rather than a normal pocket diary.
    I think you've done incredibly well to keep it up all year, I know how much work these things can be
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stamping and embossing Kirsti! I've done icy blue for December... along with splats of white paint! I think I shall try to keep up with this but in a different format - I bought a pad to do this as a stand alone journal but now I wish I'd done it in my regular A4 moleskin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific calendar page. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER cute, Kirsti. I always love seeing your calendar pages!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo