Tuesday, 4 May 2010

HAS MY MOJO RETURNED......

So I will start with this little plaque - someone asked me to make this ages ago for them and I completely forgot so I thought it might just be the starting point for getting my mojo back up and running again.... These were also something that I had forgotten I had to do as well... they are door plaques for my nephews...

This is something else that I have been working on this week... It started of as a set of plain frames joined together with hinges which had given me the idea to do something like this from Red Lead .... then it kind of evolved....

First of all I painted the frames using Adirondak paint dabbers in Celery and Sail Boat Blue...I then stamped the Tim Holtz images using Stamping Up Basic Gray ink

I painted the butterflies (Stampin Up Chipboard) in white then stamped and covered them in Crackle Accents but the stamped image went blurry once it had dried - still a nice effect tho... The flowers are cut using the new Tim Holtz Alteration Die Tattered Florals using just a piece of cardboard from a pizza box and then covered in some dictionary pages and more crackle accents... the other one is done using a piece of canvas covered in Faded Jeans Distress Stickles...both have a brad pushed thru for the centre...

This is 'Marci' from Stampotique... I stamped and embossed her and coloured in with Distress Inks...then masked her to do the background which has the little dots picked out in Black Diamond Distress Stickles... I stamped her little bows again and stuck them on with pads for a little bit of dimension....
This is 'me'... When I was getting the canvas for the flowers this picture was on the roll and was just the right size for the frame so I thot why not!!!

And last but not lease this is 'Smile'... I did the same for him as with Marci above....


Not sure but I am thinking that it is lacking somewhere and needs something else just to finish it of...but I am going to enter it into the Stampotique challenge 'Think Out of The Box' anyway....xox

edited: I have added the lttle word tabs on each of the frames but I am still not sure it is the 'extra little something' that it needs....