Friday 14 May 2010

MAD HATTER'S TEA PARTY....

Last year I thought I would do a Mad Hatter's Tea Party for Niamh's birthday after seeing this TweetyJill collection by TJ Designs in the June 09 Craft Stamper magazine but unfortunately I couldn't get them at the time despite searching online for hours!!! You all know what that is like... With all the Alice in Wonderland hype this year a couple of months ago I thought I would try again.

She is 5 in July and we are going to put up the marquee in the garden and Allan (who is the dad of one of her friends at nursery) the magician is coming and I have managed to get a lovely wooden croquet set from Tesco (5 year olds and croquet, not sure how that will work out...lol)...I also thought I would get them to decorate hats as well....so here is what I have started so far....

I have made a few banners - HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIAMH - WELCOME - MAD HATTER'S TEA PARTY - out of all the old patterned and plain papers that came from Costco once upon a time as I am determined not to buy anything that I need (except the stamps) and use stuff I already have...we will see how long that lasts....These were all cut out of the Cricut (started at the crop at Sunday at the Papermill - thanks Emma, Fiona and Sheryl - there was only the four of us but it was great to get it all started without being interrupted by the kids all the time and finished on Tuesday afternoon) using various carts. I had them all laid out on the conservatory floor and woe betide anyone who went in there...lol...they are all cut out and ready for sticking and stringing together...
I made these little 'Drink me' tags from the Sizzix Tag die and taped the small one to the big one and then stamped on them using two different stamp set...I will add string to them later... I plan (once Allan is home!!) on going round the charity shops looking for some old tea sets and tea pots which I am going to use for their drinks - definitely thinking pink lemonade here...mmmmh...
I made these little cake toppers as well - I cut out the flower shapes and circles using the Cricut again and stamped 'eat me' on the small circles and stuck them on the flowers, I then used DST to stick the cocktail stick on the back and glued a Mad Hatter's Tea Party stamped image to cover them up... I thought they came out really well...
I am now of to raid the free papers that come with magazines to do the invitations unless Ellie has used them all...Watch this space for more bits and pieces to come...xox

23 comments:

  1. Oh, this is going to be fantastic! I love what you've done so far. Is the birthday girl going to have an Alice dress? I think I might have seen Alice stamps at 3DJean recently, if you are still looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE the banner you are putting together! And your tags and other plans for this fun party are fabulous too.

    I'm trying to use up what I have on hand as well, but I liked your disclosure that excludes stamps from this venture. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fantastic - I keep trying to get my sister to agree to doing the same for her 30th which is just around the corner LOL! You've already done loads of work - can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made some lovely bits & pieces! If you're looking for any stuff for the party, try "Dotcomgiftshop" who do all kinds of little bits at quite good prices!
    Hope you manage to track down your Alice stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightfully exciting! Niamh will have a super party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabby idea Kirsti.....I'm in the process of organising a Dinosaur party here....digging for bones etc....
    Love your banner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. Can't wait to see the party photos.
    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh how lovely..!!! Give me the time and the date and I will be there.. Well I do have the perfect costume don't I..Lmao...
    Seriously you have done a fabby job so far, just love it..xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love. Great banners and cupcake toppers. I am in the middle of sorting Charlies Star Wars theme party for Sunday. Bit of a nightmare, but getting there - slowly....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your party (Niamh's party!) is gonna go down a storm! You've made some brilliant bits already. ingenious! x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Recovered from Edinburgh! It's all looking great and I love the drink me tags the most though. Hope the croquet goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg you have been busy Kirsti, fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks like it might it be one heck of a party. Can we all come?!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing!! I especially love the drink me tags.
    Niamh will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kirsti, these are all fab, what great ideas.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. ¡jajajajajajaja! Me han encantado. I love them.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have one lucky birthday girl to have a mum who can come up with such fantastic ideas, everything looks fab. What about 'pin the smile on the cheshire cat'?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh! they look fantastic... mad hatters tea party.. hmmm, sounds like fun. I love the bunting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the 'eat me' 'drink me' tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. BRILLIANT! I think you have a great business idea here. I would definately hire you if I was nearer!
    Good Luck & have fun.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo