Monday, 31 May 2010

MAY 365...

Quick update on my 365 Calendar Challenge from Kate's blog.... Finished May miraculously!!! I decided I quite fancied having a go at the bubble technique after Niamh came home from nursery with a picture done like this(sad but true...lol...)...after a couple of false starts I found a tutorial here...I think to get more colour depth white cardstock would be better (my practice pieces were definitely more vibrant)...I am using a Pink Pig book for this and the pages are cream but I do like the effect - it is more subtle than I first thought it would be...
I used one of my stamps from my new Unity KOTM as a little frame, double stamping with a raspberry ink for special occasion days.... I cut out a few masks and then stamped some swirls in the same raspberry ink...I had to put some of them on their side as they wouldn't all fit in...and I had a little mishap with my days (got them muddled up!!!)....The word May is done using an alphabet set and as you can see I have another little mishap going on there too...Only one zero so I stamped 201 and then the single 0 at the end but I still had the black ink pad open from stamping the frame (Tim Holtz) and yes you've guessed it...I had stamped it before I realised...Oh well never mind - wouldn't be art without a few mistakes...that's my story and I am sticking to it...
PS - Still not started June pages yet!!!!