Monday 31 May 2010

MAY 365...

Quick update on my 365 Calendar Challenge from Kate's blog.... Finished May miraculously!!! I decided I quite fancied having a go at the bubble technique after Niamh came home from nursery with a picture done like this(sad but true...lol...)...after a couple of false starts I found a tutorial here...I think to get more colour depth white cardstock would be better (my practice pieces were definitely more vibrant)...I am using a Pink Pig book for this and the pages are cream but I do like the effect - it is more subtle than I first thought it would be...
I used one of my stamps from my new Unity KOTM as a little frame, double stamping with a raspberry ink for special occasion days.... I cut out a few masks and then stamped some swirls in the same raspberry ink...I had to put some of them on their side as they wouldn't all fit in...and I had a little mishap with my days (got them muddled up!!!)....The word May is done using an alphabet set and as you can see I have another little mishap going on there too...Only one zero so I stamped 201 and then the single 0 at the end but I still had the black ink pad open from stamping the frame (Tim Holtz) and yes you've guessed it...I had stamped it before I realised...Oh well never mind - wouldn't be art without a few mistakes...that's my story and I am sticking to it...
PS - Still not started June pages yet!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Wow such detail. Not a card maker myself but have a friend who does amazing things. Well done you..mishaps and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay... June hasn't started yet either!

    Love those May pages - cool (in a pinky kind of way!). I like the "bubble" idea. Haven't seen this done in quite this way before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry I haven't got my June pages ready either! I like your idea of the stamps as a frame for each day, very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great Kirsti! I like the bubble effect - amazing how our ideas are sparked off eh? Nursery - the artists idea bank! Had a bit of a chuckle at your black 0 story - we've all done it! I like it anyhow, it all ties in. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink on these pages. Well done for keeping up!! I haven't started my june pages either yet ....... !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks fabulous hun :)Congrats for perservering

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it's not just me having crafty mishaps. Still looks fab though as if it was always mean't that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kirsti I love your May pages. FAB colour & the little frames look super. Great bubble blowing too. Loving your 0 ... these things are meant to be! I stamped some wording on a tag upside down today & didn't have any spare tags! Hope no one notices!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Kirsti! Don't worry about the mistakes! There's no personality in perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab as ever, love the pink, could not have chosen a better colour. Love to you all....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink too Kirsti and the swirly stamp is to die for. Fabby work as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kirsti your May pages are perfectly pink! Love them and the bubbles ... so what if you know there are mistakes in them - I for one thought the black zero and the otherway up stamped shapes was on purpose. Great pages!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo