Sunday 12 September 2010

AUGUST 365 CALENDAR PAGES (AT LAST!!)...

At last my August 365 Art Journal Calendar pages.....a bit late but as they say better late than never....I don't know why I am running so far behind this month...I can only put it down to being on holiday - I am also 3 weeks behind with my Claudine class too....hopefully have time to do a bit of catch up this week.... For the background I wrapped the pages with some raffia (a technique I seen in an old copy of Craft Stamper) and then sprayed with inks or rather alcohol inks mixed with water as I don't have any spray inks yet!!! I then used co-ordinating ink pads to stamp various images round the pages which I quite like...
For my squares this month I cut them from a Dovecraft 6x6 paper stack called Funky Village...I haven't been in the habit of decorating the squares as I think there is enough going on in the backgrounds but I think this is the first time I have used such patterned papers apart from January....I quite like that too....

The month is done using Making Memories Vintage Findings Stamps which I found over at Simply Create the other week and I though it was like stamps you would find on postcards in keeping with August being the holiday month!!!

I stamped Summer Days with chalk ink and then went over it with a Versamark pen and then Perfect Pearls to create the slight sheen which I am not sure you can see on the photograph!!! That's it for this month, hopefully will manage to catch up as I am almost finished prepping the September pages....

8 comments:

  1. Love your pages, the colours are great and I love the string technique. I an behind on the Claudine class as well as it has been too hot to try to paint.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours! and the stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first comment never worked so I'm back for another go. I'm glad it's not just me who's behind this month as well. Love the raffia effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours, the alcohol inks have worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! These pages are lovely. Great technique with the raffia. I'm not sure why, but everyone was late this month!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo