Sunday, 12 September 2010

AUGUST 365 CALENDAR PAGES (AT LAST!!)...

At last my August 365 Art Journal Calendar pages.....a bit late but as they say better late than never....I don't know why I am running so far behind this month...I can only put it down to being on holiday - I am also 3 weeks behind with my Claudine class too....hopefully have time to do a bit of catch up this week.... For the background I wrapped the pages with some raffia (a technique I seen in an old copy of Craft Stamper) and then sprayed with inks or rather alcohol inks mixed with water as I don't have any spray inks yet!!! I then used co-ordinating ink pads to stamp various images round the pages which I quite like...
For my squares this month I cut them from a Dovecraft 6x6 paper stack called Funky Village...I haven't been in the habit of decorating the squares as I think there is enough going on in the backgrounds but I think this is the first time I have used such patterned papers apart from January....I quite like that too....

The month is done using Making Memories Vintage Findings Stamps which I found over at Simply Create the other week and I though it was like stamps you would find on postcards in keeping with August being the holiday month!!!

I stamped Summer Days with chalk ink and then went over it with a Versamark pen and then Perfect Pearls to create the slight sheen which I am not sure you can see on the photograph!!! That's it for this month, hopefully will manage to catch up as I am almost finished prepping the September pages....