Sunday 5 September 2010

DESIGN TEAM ENTRIES....

Jacqui has said it's ok to post these now so here goes.... This is a 7Gypsies Printers Tray that I bought at Art From The Heart last October which we visited when we were on holiday in the Lake District... It's been sitting in my Things To Do box ever since and I have picked it up a few time lately thinking it would be a good place to show some of the Stampotique stamps that I have acquired recently...I didn't have any real plan and just went with whatever came to mind when I was working on it...I wanted to use kraft cardstock as the background so inked and stamped and splodged a couple of sheets and then cut them up to fit the trays...everything else just seemed to slot into place...the flowers were a last minute panic addition as what I had originally planned just wasn't working out...the flowers were something I had just been diddling about with (as you do) and they were lying on my desk and I just thought why not!!! I have used lots of different techniques in the tray and really enjoyed doing it....
Secondly was my July pages for the 365 Calendar Challenge which was already a work in progress - I now have to play catch up with the August pages - not even started them yet - thank goodness for my little red filofax that Allan bought me last year and I got mad about cos I thought I would never use it!!!!

This one is a variation on one I did last year for Scrap Attack...you had to pick your favourite stamp and then send it on to the next person on the list and you would get one from the last person....I think a lot of people struggled with my choice...lol...well it did have to be challenging...!!!
This last one is actually going to be my class over at Simply Create and there is a tutorial to go with it but that is saved for another time....It is totally different to what I had originally planned for the class but it worked out - I am very nervous about doing it so if you do happen to be coming, please be gentle....
Now I, like the rest of my teamies am just waiting for my first box of goodies to arrive...Jacqui was giving a couple of hints yesterday and telling us about some of the exciting things in store - Can't wait to get started and I hope I do her proud as I feel very proud and honoured to have been asked...Thank you again Jacqui....x

16 comments:

  1. Amazing projectd. Once again congratulations and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all amazing Kirsti, my fave is the printer's tray I think. you will of course do her proud. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. I *lurve* the printers tray, and the Stampotique stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. I love to see what you have been making.....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. no wonder you are on the team kirsti...adore your printers tray and gorgeous class project...don't be nervous...everybody will love it....hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! A real showcase of your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow stunning work Kirsti when is your class?
    I would love to come over for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant variety of creations!!!!!! Love each and everyone of them. The printers tray must have taken ages, there is so much detail on it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for letting me see your work in the flesh on Saturday Kirsti . Good luck with your workshop, it's a fab project'
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are FAB!! Kirsti, I'm not surprised you were picked for the DT. I love the printer's tray - it's such a great idea and you can tell how much work has gone into it...hugs Shelly x p.s. any clues on the sneaky hints Jacqui gave you about the exciting things in store for us...I'm intrigued !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant projects Kirsti, printer's tray a lovely reminder of your DT post. After the initial nervous jibber, you'll love it. Enjoy! nnalorac.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm having a senior moment as I was sure I commented on these fab projects already. Love the try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pesky senior moments must "tray" harder next time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the calendar page - colors and flags! Hey, I hear voices too ... now I need some of that crazy hair. Such a cute face with those big beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic projects!
    Love the canvas...x

    ReplyDelete
  16. All stunning - love the tray - what an amazing creation to have - I'd definitely have it on display to show everyone - it's quirky, slightly (!) surreal... and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo