Tuesday 14 September 2010

CHRISTMAS IS A COMING...

Thought since I have my first ladies night in a couple of weeks I had better get a wriggle on and make something....This will also be available in my etsy shop. I decided this year that I was fed up painting the stars and hearts as it's very time consuming waiting for the layers to dry so thought I would try something a wee bit different....I have previously experimented with this before for just me and this is the first time I have made them to sell...
The papers used to cover these are 'unknown' (sorry can't remember the make as Susan and I split the pack and she must have the packaging)...I then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink which is a really lovely colour...I added the small star which I painted with a Cranberry Paint Dabber, then coated with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with glitter...it is finished of with some distressed raffia....
Thanks for looking!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this Kirsti! And I'm so excited to see a touch of Christmas popping up. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Now what is your ladies night? Do you sell to local ladies?

    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are lovely, beautiful Christmas colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love the paper..is it a wooden star?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kirsti...might have that paper somewhere, lol...I'll have a look for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is soooo gorgeous - Im loving it....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's super lush and purple glitter star is just my thing. I'm sure it will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty Kirsti, fab idea! Think the paper might be My Minds's Eye..I think I have a couple of pieces lurking in my stash somewhere! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous kirsti...the papers are MME...Be Merry from a few years back but still a favourite...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo