Thursday 7 January 2010

ART JOURNAL, FRONT COVER....X

After finishing Judy's box yesterday I went on to start the Art Journal project featured in the Craft Stamper by Kate (The Kathryn Wheel)... This is what I have done so far....

Started of with an A4 Pink Pig book, this is the front cover, started of with sky blue Claudine Hellmuth paint, then added a few swishes of Ranger Dabbers in Willow and Wild Plum... I then used a piece of bubble wrap with white paint for the dots... the little circles were done with the letter 'O' from an alphabet set stamped with Stampin Up Taken With Teal and then turned and stamped again... I then filled in with a paint brush using the Wild Plum....

On top of that I decided I wanted to do a frame of some sort so I broke out my precious Blonde Moments papers from Art From The Heart which I have been hoarding and made this using my sewing machine and some very bright pink thread... I then stuck this to the cover using gel medium.... and that's it for now - hope to get some more of it done later today once I have my conservatory back to its normal state (ie, no Christmas decorations). We have been very lazy the last week or so with there being no school and I am staying up very late and not getting up til very late... Craving normality now..lol...x

11 comments:

  1. Love the frame idea very cool. I'm sick of the snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job on this ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see more pics - you are such a busy lady - how do you do it with 4 kids, I stress out with 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forwards to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have made the cover - really like the frame idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Kirsti I love how you have adapted everyday stuff to be similar to Kate's. I don't know how you do it with 4 children there's only me and 2 dogs at home at the moment and I've hardly done a thing except drink coffe, tea, and eat Christmas cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. Your cover is looking fabby. Hope you are keeping warm. Best wishes Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, cant wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving it, loved the article in the Magazine and love your own interpretation absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo