Friday 8 January 2010

SCHOOL'S IN....

Thank goodness the kids have gone back to school at last so it's peace, perfect, peace around here today... apart from the little one - no nursery even though it is at the school - continually asking for biscuits and her lunch since 9.30 this morning.....

Have just finished the first part of The Biggest Loser Wii Fit game... It was hard work and my legs are like jelly and that was only the beginners exercises I was doing...lol... just shows how unfit I really am - looks like it will be a good program to follow, really easy to understand and it keeps a tally of your exercises, calories and weight loss... Will keep you up to date with how I am getting on...

Decided last night after being reminded by something Sonja was texting me to try out my melt pot that I bought from Dyan when I was down in October after using it briefly at Scrap Attack 09.... Only thing is Dyan gave me her one as there was none left in the shop and there was no instructions and I do like to read instructions when trying something new..... Anyway this is the result....


This one is before I melted everything into place....


And this one is after and I just realised that I missed out the piece of rik-rak....

There are a few bare patches, I did use my heat tool to try and distribute the wax some more but not very well.... If anyone has any tips, please feel free to pass them onto me...

So that is the next stage of my cover, just got a few more bits and pieces to add and it will be finished... so far I am quite pleased with the overall effect. It's not a very good photo of me as there aren't really any good photos of me - I tend to be the one behind the camera and DH never takes pictures but that is one of the things I aim to remedy this year... Have a great day whatever you are up to....x

15 comments:

  1. Not sure what a heat box is as I don't do art journalling but the results look OK even minus the rik rak. I would say I wished our schools were back but then that would mean I'd have to go back to work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you having school back we have been off for three days now and they were only there two days before school shut again.
    I love your art journal and I agree that even without the rikrak its lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last, back to school. I thought ours would be closed today, as we had a load more snow last night, but hooray they were open. Ive been trying (without much success) to sort out my craft cupboard, but I have orders to fulfill, so the tidying will just have to wait.....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad our school is out cos I work there :) Back on Monday, snow permitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, and I think it is a great photo of you! I haven't tried wax, but want to, looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good...I love the photo...and the antlers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried wax, but it looks like fun and what a fab result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant! I didn't buy a melt pot. I bought a non stick pan for a fiver from Tesco LOL Thought I'd try that first and see if I like the effect. I figured that a pot would work seeing as I could use it in the kitchen. You'd def need a pot for crops etc though.

    PS I am another instructions freak....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite pleased ... I would be thrilled if I made that ... I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupid phone didn't let me comment at work but loving that cover. Cool piccy. Now I'm away to do something crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's not a bad picture!! You havn't seen mine! Cover fabby sx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! It looks fab Kirsti! Hope you're having fun with the meltpot!
    PS - that photo of you looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this - it's such a fun and funky idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant. I've never seen anything like it. Looks a great technique. I love instructions too! Have a great weekend. Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, no, no - you don't need instructions! Just try it and go with the flow (works for my husband - he's never read an instruction book in his life LOL!) Looks good to me. When using beeswax I just keep using the heatgun, and move the wax round with an old paintbrush. If you have got some gaps you can add more wax. I just LOVE beeswax, it gives such a lovely finish. I think it's a great photo and I love the antlers :-) Kate x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo