Wednesday 6 January 2010

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! AGAIN...

Well this is the second day the kids haven't been back to school and they have none tomorrow either so what's a girl to do... craft that's what... my lovely DH went to Strachan's and got my copy of Craft Stamper for me yesterday while en-route to the tip with all the rubbish from Christmas... and boy was it worth the wait... I started of looking at the front cover and thinking that the lovely cherish box was my definite favourite and then I go through the magazine and find out that it was done by none other than the lovely Judy... I don't think I have done it as well as she did but her heart stamps were definitely much nicer than mine... see what you think....

This is the box itself....
This is the lid and base for the box...
This is them joined so to speak...
This is the lovely grungeboard heart that I used for the lid - I inked it up with Distress Ink and then sanded over the top with my new Tim Holtz sanding block... have been hoarding these shapes since Scrap Attack 09...
And this is the finished article.... just have the ribbon to go round the outside but I have nothing suitable at the moment....

I hope I have done it the justice that it deserves - it was a very simple box to make which is what Judy was after...x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - might have to have a go. Especially as the school is closed today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow kirsti this is sooooo gorgeous. You have done an amazing job. I love your selection of hearts too, esp the big grungy one. Thanks so much for having a wee go at it! Big hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty fab I would say. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Great selection of hearts. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Kirsti, you've made a great job of this box - I love all those hearts! You could make something like this to give as a gift, it would be truly 'HEARTfelt!' Geddit?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so loving this box Kirsti, you have done a brilliant job. Gosh are the kids driving you mad. Mine were only off one day and I was climbing the walls. Saying that, our school is the only one open, all the others in the area are shut - much to the disgust of my kids. At least I get to do some sewing and shopping (the latter not being my fav!). Lots of love......x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that idea Kirsti....super box.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done brilliantly with this - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. The hearts look great against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The box is wonderful Kirsti, all the different hearts look so good, simple but very effective.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo