Monday 4 January 2010

QUIET DAY HERE....

Been a quiet day here today... eventually got to Tesco after spending over an hour yesterday clearing the drive and digging the car out and then having Niamh pulling one almighty tantrum on me.... which ended with me in tears and her sulking in her bedroom and they start over the stupidest little things.... a pair of tights this time!!!

Anyway after being to Tesco and rowing with them all the way round - 'Can I have', 'Can we get', I don't like".... you get the picture, we went into Dyce to pick Allan up. The roads were pretty clear and we were in and out in less than an hour... Then it was trying to get them to go to bed at a reasonable time for school in the morning (that's if there is school in the morning). So far the nursery is closed and no school for transport kids... Will check the weatherline again in the morning tho....

Over on UKS we are discussing the various bits we have managed to salvage from pressies, cards, boxes of chocs, etc... I only got the ribbon from the crackers with some little gold baubles and a long piece of 'love Disney' ribbon from some PJs.... What did you manage to salvage????

I am also going to be taking part in the Document 2010 Challenge they have started and I may try out the Weekly Mini Book Pages for 2010 as well... so looks like I am going to be busy - housework is very over-rated anyway...lol...x

6 comments:

  1. You sound like you have your hands full! Thanks for popping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have receovered after your stressful day yesterday. Tesco and kids just don't go together! we are on a snow day today...bang goes all my plans for getting organsied and back into routine. Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I am going anywhere today. Got a snow day! Neighbour spent 3 hours clearing his drive from 6.30 am today - and it's now covered in snow again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be a busy bee!!
    Going to pop over and read the challenges.

    I salvaged beautful grey chiffon ribbon from a candle packaging, a length of black leather used to tie on a tag. I am sure there were more bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you certainly had a day of it yesterday. i hope school is on today so you get some quiet time. Kids here don't go back till Thursday.
    The only thing I'll managed to re-use is the ribbon I put on my Mum's present as she very kindly sent it back yeasterday. Isn't she well trained?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no not the tights thing again - it does seem to crop up lots in your house, Ive the perfect solution - no tights. Henreitta will just not wear them, but I have to admit, its much more peaceful now that I dont make her wear them - she wears trousers for school all through the bad weather, then dress's and skirts in the summer. I have to say though, I do love to see girls in tights - they always look so cute. Just a thought, Henrietta will wear leggings under her skirts and dresses - maybe you could try that instead. Kids should have gone back to school yesterday (Tuesday), hooray the school was open this morning, so I have managed to take down all the decs and tidy at least one room. Ive so many orders to fulfil, I dont know where to start first - not that I should be complaining. Its great to be busy again and in some sort of routine.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo