Monday 15 February 2010

ANOTHER HEART....

Yesterday morning I found a pair of jeans belonging to Niamh that had a big hole in the knee so I decided to see what I could make out of it... I cut a 14cm heart from the Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge in scrap card and used it for a template to draw round...
I then printed out the word 'love' on the wordprocesser to use as a template for stitching, I over stitched and then just pulled it away when I was finished (should have done a photo of this stage but I keep forgetting...). I blanket stitched in red round the outside, I always have trouble starting and finishing this stitch for some reason... it's a bit wonky in some places, hence the button sewed at the middle... I also couldn't work out how to get the hanging ribbon in so I just sewed it on at the back along with the button.... In hindsight as I am typing I should have sewn a button on the back as well to hide where the ribbon is attached but you live and learn right????

POST UPDATE..... Just checking out some other blogs and found this on Gingerscraps blog - how weird is that!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Now that's spooky!!!! All I can say is great minds think alike. Love it by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sewing, maybe this could be a start of new things to come......xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are playing a stormer with great ideas lately, love it. I thought you were making an album cover with the first photo though. Still stiching away urghhhh. I'm having art withdrawal symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the Queen of Reuse/Recycle! Cute heart stuffy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great use of a pair of old jeans! Looks fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely heart Kirsti....I keep jeans for just an occasion...never made anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just gorgeous ...I'm feeling some ripping of jeans coming on for me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your heart and I personally think that a few wonky blanket stitches just adds to the whole thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful...I keep old jeans too LOL...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it looks fabulous. It's given me an idea for Samuel's old jeans that were headed to the charity bag and are now heading into my fabric bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Annette, wonky is fine by me! I think you've done a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo