Wednesday 10 February 2010

MATCHBOX EMBELLISHMENT SWAP...

This last couple of weeks have seen me busy with the Matchbox Embellishment Swap over on the Bubbly Funk Forum....

I received mine yesterday from Tracy and it is filled with lots of lovely felt flowers, ribbons, buttons, frames and embellishments all in a great assortment of creams and browns... Thank you Tracy...
I was lucky in that my swap was Sonja, who I know well so it wasn't hard for me to do something I knew she would like....
I used a used brown paper bag and did the same technique as my February calendar pages using my Carte Postal Tim Holtz stamp, covered the box and then made a little paper flower from an old dictionary and wrapped some brown IKEA string round it....

My next job was filling the box - I didn't have that much navy to put in but did have lots of browns and flowers so in they went and I even made a couple more paper flowers in keeping with the theme.

I decided to gift Sonja my Tim Holtz star stamp as I now have another that came in a set so I think she was quite pleased with that... The little buttons I made at the last crop using Emma's circle punches and some cardstock glued together for thickness then covered in more dictionary pages and inked round the edge with Vintage Photo distress ink...
All in all I really enjoyed this first swap that I have taken part in and I would definitely do it again...xoxo

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, i love this match box its gorgeous and i bet she loved it. The tim holtz stamps i used were the new mini ones. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, the match box is stunning and full of lovely stash too. I bet she was thrilled with it, lucky lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the matchboxes guys...lots of lovely new embelishments to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Both the matchboxes would be lovely to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. I can't belive it used to be a match box and that you got so much stash in it. I bet Sonja loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool buttons! Need to get myself a button punch!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did love it and the star stamp was fab. I have used it already on my art journal pages at work today. Thanks again hun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea, both match boxes are stunning and so much stash in them too.
    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! The matchboxes are cool and I LIKE the fact that you stuffed them with gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooojust gorgeous work!! I love the matchbox and the buttons look fab! I might have to borrow that idea sometime!

    Great swap!
    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an idea so much more interesting than swapping ATCs I think its something we could do on our club night .
    back soon love chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both matchboxes. I too have loved this swap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic little box of embellishments - both of them! The boxes are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to get a peep inside the matchbox! Those buttons are beautiful, really nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeh I think that I live in a pretty awesome place too! Lucky me huh...
    I loved visiting your blog, it was filled with very interesting goodies,
    I have signed up for the 2010 UK Scrappers/Shimelle challenge, which for me will be a bit of a challenge I am sure. Still a bit behind the 8 ball, but getting there, and now that I have a few other more pressing things done, I shall have a bit of time this week to get onto this project. Coffee sounds great!



    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kristicco
    Your number came up for some of the blog candy I will be dividing up with the random generator on my OWOH blog entry. E mail me at
    lauraliddell@rocketmail.com with your address and I will send you portion off.
    http://ashappyas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kristicco
    Your number came up for some of the share of candy I am giving away for the OWOH blog event. if you would like to email me your address I will send it off. lauraliddell@rocketmail.com

    Well done
    Laura
    http://ashappyas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these little boxes and the treasures they contain!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo