Wednesday, 10 February 2010

MATCHBOX EMBELLISHMENT SWAP...

This last couple of weeks have seen me busy with the Matchbox Embellishment Swap over on the Bubbly Funk Forum....

I received mine yesterday from Tracy and it is filled with lots of lovely felt flowers, ribbons, buttons, frames and embellishments all in a great assortment of creams and browns... Thank you Tracy...
I was lucky in that my swap was Sonja, who I know well so it wasn't hard for me to do something I knew she would like....
I used a used brown paper bag and did the same technique as my February calendar pages using my Carte Postal Tim Holtz stamp, covered the box and then made a little paper flower from an old dictionary and wrapped some brown IKEA string round it....

My next job was filling the box - I didn't have that much navy to put in but did have lots of browns and flowers so in they went and I even made a couple more paper flowers in keeping with the theme.

I decided to gift Sonja my Tim Holtz star stamp as I now have another that came in a set so I think she was quite pleased with that... The little buttons I made at the last crop using Emma's circle punches and some cardstock glued together for thickness then covered in more dictionary pages and inked round the edge with Vintage Photo distress ink...
All in all I really enjoyed this first swap that I have taken part in and I would definitely do it again...xoxo