Sunday 28 February 2010

FEBRUARY CALENDAR PAGES...

Just an update on my February 365 Calendar Challenge from Kate....


I cut out February 2010 on the Cricut and then used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss it.... actually I have just noticed that I have stuck the 'a' in February down back to front...lol...
After smudging the lovely stamped image on the right hand corner with the iron earlier I popped out a set of Tim Holtz grungeboard butterfly wings, inked them up with Worn Lipstick distress ink and then coated them with Clear Rock Candy crackle paint... Now it says on the bottle you can speed up the drying time by using a heat tool but I found this just bubbled the paint up so in future I think I will just let it air dry and keep away from the heat tools...lol... I used some tiny flat back pearls to create the body...


Haven't even started the March pages yet and it's the 1st tomorrow - where have the last two months gone already!!!...but watch this space...xox

PS - Sorry but sometimes my pictures will enlarge and sometimes they won't - I don't do anything different and I don't know how to get them to enlarge when you click on them...

10 comments:

  1. What do you mean March isn't done yet lol! Love the butterfly inspiration and I thought the a was a deliberate change. Sticking mine down later after small boys bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsty - just found your bloggie and marvelling at the technique you used for your Feb page (soooo scrumptious)LOL I thought the back to front 'a' was deliverate too.
    Gorgeous work throughout your bloggie - Have joined as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. March isn't done yet! neither is mine LOL.I don't know whether to finish my journal pages, my ATC challenges or my Art Calendar amongst another hundred things I have to do.
    Your Feb pages look great lovely and bright to cheer up a lousy month weather wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty, I look forward to seeing March....x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I really like the butterfly and wanted a close up of the rock candy! It looks great Kirsti, hurry up and get a move on with March - I know can you believe we're into the third month - I haven't even started my new year diet yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty kirsti! Didn't know you did pretty!!! LOL Looking forward to see what you do for March Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is super...i love the letter a the wrong way round...and the colours are just lovely...not to mention tim's stamps!

    ps~i've left you a link on my blog to the shop where i got the rubber for carving...

    ReplyDelete
  8. March isn't done yet here either LOL
    Love your pages, wish I could view a larger image so I could get a proper read LOL You must bring it along to a crop sometime.

    I have 3 days to write which I should do today then I will upload to my blog too...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great. I like the 'a' the wrong way round!! Love your use of different shapes to write on. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours - very apt for February (amethyst and violets). Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo