Friday, 19 February 2010

GINGERSNAP CHALLENGE...

I have been pondering over this for a week or so and after seeing this challenge on Gingersnap Creations to use your three favourite colours (which in this case are pink, green and browns) I decided to give it a go... I have tried to do a slightly different take on the House of Dreams from the March issue of Craft Stamper.... (sorry can't link the actual article)

First of all I covered an MDF heart in this fab tissue paper which came with a present that I received for my birthday last year from Jude.... I cut it out, used gel medium to stick it on and then brayered over it to smooth it down... adding a little Worn Lipstick distress ink round the edges....

I sponged some Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose distress ink onto white card and I then stamped the Movie Star Paper Artsy image (which I received from Elaine as part of my Secret Santa gift) on top... matted it and stuck it to the heart... The butterfly is an image from Lisa's Altered Art which I changed to black and white and then sponged Peeled Paint distress ink over and stuck some little pearl flat backs to... I re-stamped the image again and cut out the stars and then crackle accented them and stuck them over the original ones to make them pop a little... added some string for hanging and there we have it - I am quite pleased with how it turned out... It shall be winging it's way to a friend as a birthday present now but not before I enter it into the challenge...

We are of to Manchester later for a big judo competition so won't be around for a few days so enjoy your weekend...xoxo