Saturday 7 January 2012

365+1

365+1...Day 7...Drink


Okay, today threw me a little since I had used a drink for yesterday's prompt...I didn't want to just do another one...My first pic was of the bird bath in the garden but it looked a little grey and dull given the weather and I was all set to use it til I picked up my camera and spotted my little vintage tea-set...I love the delicate little flowers and the gold edging..sadly there is not a full set, 5 tea-cups, 5 saucers, milk jug and sugar bowl but I still love it...the whole lot cost me the princely sum of just £5 from the charity shop..

Today I have been trying to make Lemon Meringue cupcakes...the cupcakes have turned out fine but I have not yet mastered the meringue...The second lot is away to be rinsed down the sink...I just cannot get them to peak!!! Oh well butter cream icing it will have to be...at least I can make that....x

12 comments:

  1. I used to have a lovely recipe for microwave lemon meringue, unfortunately, my darling daughter glued all the pages in my recipe book together! I love your dainty tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so jammy with your fab bargains. Mmm lemon meringue cupcakes I like those. Hopefully you'll have cracked them by next week (hint,hint)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely teaset! And yum to lemon cupcakes - meringue or icing - I'm easy either way :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon meringue cupcakes sound delicious. I would give them a try but as I'd be the only one to eat them I can't afford the calories!! I hope they turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweet tea set. It looks like a perfect way to serve lemon meringue cupcakes. I hope you find a way to perfect your meringue. I've only made it once when I was a newly wed (39 years ago) and it wasn't quite right so I never repeated the experiment. I love meringue but my husband and children don't so I have found other desserts to master.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely - I do so like to drink my tea from pretty cup! You could try beating in half the sugar for your meringue till glossy, then fold in the other half - that works for me for ordinary l-m-p.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tea set. Good luck with the meringue's..keep trying hun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How delicate and gorgeous is.that. fab bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your Tea Set, mum had something like this design...but we now only have 1 saucer :( I think Cupcakes will be delish with Buttercream icing...S xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read the comments everyone leaves and they are very much appreciated... Thank you...xoxo